We will begin accepting submissions September 27, 2016 through January 13, 2017 for the Rice Historical Review’s 2017 issue.
In order for submissions to be considered for the printed publication, your historically focused paper must be:
- 10-25 pages in length
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman size 12.
- End notes or footnotes formatted according to the Chicago Manual of Style with a bibliography included
- Please submit illustrations, data, and other figures as separate files
We also accept shorter (less than 10 pages) submissions for publication online throughout the year. Please follow the same style criteria as above.
To submit a paper:
- Email it as a .docx file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put the title of the paper in the subject
- Put your preferred name, email address, the historical area of the piece (geographical and temporal), and the class you wrote the paper for (if applicable) in the body
We use a blind-review process to ensure journalistic integrity, so we ask that you remove your name from the file of the essay itself.
Email any questions or concerns you have to email@example.com!