We will be accepting submissions until January 15, 2018 for the Rice Historical Review’s 2018 issue.
In order for submissions to be considered for the printed publication, your paper must be:
- Historically focused. Papers may be written for classes in departments other than History as long as they contain an argument that substantially analyzes historical evidence in support of its thesis. These departments include but are not limited to Sociology, Political Science, Religion.
- 3000-7500 words (about 10-25 pages) in length
- Double-spaced, 12 pt. font
- End notes formatted according to the Chicago Manual of Style with a bibliography included
- Please submit illustrations, data, and other figures as separate files
We also accept shorter (less than 10 pages) submissions for publication online throughout the year. Please follow the same style criteria as above.
To submit a paper:
- Email it as a .docx file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put the title of the paper in the subject
- Put your preferred name, email address, the historical area of the piece (geographical and temporal), and the class you wrote the paper for (if applicable) in the body
We use a blind-review process to ensure scholarly integrity, so we ask that you remove your name from the file of the essay itself.
Email any questions or concerns you have to email@example.com!